|Line 14:||Line 14:|
:Friday 29th February - time TBD
:Friday 29th February - time TBD
Revision as of 00:01, 29 February 2008
Dudes, lets be a little more organised and write down the when/where/what/how of our regular sci-fi nights.
UPDATE: Well, as evidenced by the lack of updated entries, the wiki is now in danger of being patently outdated, as no one has updated it in a long time.
Hence, I seem to be the only one who frequents these parts, haunting these webpages like a lonesome phantom, longing to impact the ethereal world, yet finding no solace... sigh!
Must I roam these halls of obscure sci-fidom, and find no rest? Must I howl at the wanton moon, under a dusky sky, and listen to the echo of my lament bounce across spaces in-between? Must the circuit board of my 'Puter groan under the weight of my own misguided poetic discourse? Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing/If I were a rich man/diddle-diddle-dee, diddle-dee/ta-ra, ta-ra, on guard now.../a-a-a, under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh... :( - The Lonely Spectre - truely Melancholic...
- Friday 29th February - time TBD
- ZOMG, we won't be able to celebrate the anniversary of this night for ANOTHER FOUR YEARS
Confirmed Attendees (please add yourself)
Jon in Christchurch :(
- Babylon 5 EP 2-03 Geometry Of Shadows
- Babylon 5 EP 2-04 A Distant Star
22nd February 2008
- Babylon 5 EP 2-01 Points of Departure
- Captain of the Earth battleship Agamemnon John Sheridan is assigned to run Babylon 5. A rogue Minbari boat shows up and stirs trouble - turns out Sheridan was the only Earther who took out a Minbari tub in the war, which happened to be their flagship. They call him "Starkiller". Plot reveal about why the Minbari surrendered.
- Babylon 5 EP 2-02 Revelations
- G'Kar brings news of a terrible new enemy. Sheridan character ep - his sister shows up and stuff about his wife died 2 years ago and still blames himself. Dr. Franklin uses alien device to bring Garibaldi out of his coma. Delenn's mysterious change is completed.
- The Book of G'Quan, the holy book of G'Kar's religion, tells of a dark power that rose 1000 years ago, with drawings much like the spidery ships that have been showing up to "assist" Londo...
15th February 2008
- Babylon 5 EP 1-21 The Quality of Mercy
- Talia has to mind-wipe crazy convicted murderer guy (creepy leading Lady from The Shawshank Redemption). Turns out one can be brainwiped and reprogrammed. Dr. Franklin discovers nifty alien lifedrain/healing device down below. Londo takes Lennier out pubcrawling and gambling.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-22 Chrysalis
- Garibaldi uncovers a plot to assassinate Earth President. Londo receives help in a dispute with the Narns. After consulting Vorlon ambassador Kosh, Delenn begins a process.
8th February 2008
- Babylon 5 EP 1-17 Legacies
Annoying girl exhibits telepathic abilities, and Sinclair, Talia and Ivanova must decide whether to turn her over to the Psi Corps. The funeral of the Minbari military leader who oversaw the Battle of the Line causes an incident.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-18 & 1-19 A Voice in the Wilderness
- Delenn's mentor old Minbari guy takes over guardianship of the technology on the planet the station orbits around, previously thought uninhabited and barren.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-20 Babylon Squared
- Babylon 4, which vanished years ago, reappears in some sort of weird time slip.
1st February 2008
- Babylon 5 EP 1-15 Grail
- Some religious nutter seeking the Holy Grail comes to Bab 5, and hooks up with an emo engineer who worked on all the Babylon stations. Apparently, after leaving each station for leave or upon finishing the work, the station asplodey. Interestingly he points out that Babylon 4 didn't explode, but rather 'wrinkled up and disappeared'.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-16 Eyes
- Overacting British Throw-My-Toys General guy conducts an investigation of Sinclair about his recent command decisions. Ivanova confronts a member of Psi-Corps (The freaky guy from The Frighteners - and incidently, he plays an An Andorian Starship captain from Star Trek Enterprise - Season 3, which is even better than you all could possibly imagine... but I digress!) when told to submit to a scan. When Vorlon ambassador Kosh is told the Na'ka'leen feeder was disguised in a Vorlon encounter suit, he is pleased that his appearance makes people feel uneasy. Leneer helps Garibaldi finish his antique Kawazaki motorbike - and wow, do they ride that puppy round the station at 'StreetHawk' speeds... LOL!
25th January 2008
- Babylon 5 EP 1-13 Signs and Portents
- We get to meet Morden, who simply asks "What do you want" to the main ambassadors. Why does Delenn get a freaky triangle on her head when he talks to her? And whats the dealio with Kosh breaking his suit. G'Kar and Londo get mad at each other. And at the end a giant spidery ship 'uncloaks' and kicks some ass. Seemingly related to Mr Morden.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-14 TKO
- It's a real "hose down" of an episode, with a Russian-Jewish Rabbi and a tough talkin' boxer friend of Garabaldi who likes to "stroke off".
Some time earlier
- Babylon 5 EP 1-12 By Any Means Necessary
- The docking worker strike, which Sinclair resolves fairly, which annoys Earth government. Londo hoards a special plant required in an important Narn religious observation, which leads to a confrontation.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-11 Survivors
- We get a peek at Garibaldi's alcoholic past. He's blamed for an accident aboard B5, which leads to hitting the bottle again after a prolonged abstinence.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-10 Believers
- Lame morality tale about medical intervention versus fundy religious beliefs.
- Kosh: "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
- Babylon 5 EP 1-09 Deathwalker
- Notorious war criminal scientist chick invents an immortality serum. Vorlon Ambassador Kosh intervenes with "You are not ready". He also hires telepath Talia Winters to oversee a very unusual negotiation with crazy exposed brain under his hat guy.
- Minbari warrior, to Sinclair: "There is a hole in your mind!"
- Babylon 5 EP 1-08 And The Sky Full Of Stars
- Sinclair is kidnapped and interrogated by members of a pro-Earth (i.e. anti-aliens) group, determined to find out what transpired when the commander was briefly missing in action during the final battle of the Earth/Minbari war, something Sinclair himself has never been able to remember. What is it that the Minbari don't want Sinclair to remember about his experience on the Line?
- After his squad was shot down at the Line, Sinclair's ship was disabled and taken aboard a Minbari cruiser. He was tortured and examined, and at one point stood unfettered within the circle of the grey council itself. When they didn't respond to his questions, Sinclair suddenly walked up to one of them and pulled back the hood, revealing the face of Delenn. He was then knocked out again, and some time later returned to his ship with no memory of the experience.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-07 The War Prayer
- A Minbari poet is attacked by a vicious pro-Earth group. Two young Centauri lovers seek Londo's protection. Londo's shoes are too tight, and he has forgotten how to dance.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-06 Mind War
- We meet Bester, a high-up Psi-Corps agent, played by our favourite Star Trek officer, Walter "Nuclear Wessels" Koenig when they're trying to hunt down escaped freaky experimented-on mind-quake guy Jason Ironheart, who gives Babylon 5 resident Psi-Corps agent Talia Winters a "gift" - telekinesis.
- Babylon 5 EP 1-05 The Parliament Of Dreams
- Sinclair's annoying old flame, Catherine "Don't Touch Me Unless You Mean It" Sakai, arrives during a weeklong festival when humans and aliens demonstrate their religious beliefs. An old enemy sends an assassin to kill G'Kar.
- Babylon 5
- Seriously, the Pilot and Episode 1.01 are quite good.
- Even 1.02 Soul Hunter has some stuff about Minbari beliefs.
- Battlestar Galactica when it returns - and may it return quickly... SO SAY WE ALLLL!!!! - Looks like it's set to start on 04/04/2008, W0000T!
- Doctor Who - the last ones we saw were the Daleks in the Empire State Building
- The Man From Earth - Indie movie, that's apparently really good! Someone should 'obtain' this... (31/01/2008 - Consider this "obtained" - Griff)
- I have the retouched and remastered film Metropolis on DVD
- We have some Rifftrax of The Matrix, Fellowship Of The Ring and some Star Trek movies we haven't watched yet?
- Enterprise? At least from Season 3, right through Season 4 would be Gravy!!! Update: I have purchased Season 4 - on sale at 'WitKols' (Phonetic spelling applies). So far, it's pretty good... Update: Season 3 of Enterprise - picked this up from Witkols Lambton Quay as well - yes!!! Thank-you sale-prices!!!
- Howabout some good vampire flicks, like the 1979 Dracula with Lawrence Olivier as Van Halen, um, I mean, Van Helsing. It's a fantastic movie - very kewl!
- There's always a second-viewing of Battlefield:Earth - with Riftrax of course! What better way to watch the absolute horror, that is LRonHubbardsCereal's masterpiece example of Thetan turd, than with the safety net of Riftrax to catch us when, inevitably, we all fall into fits of laughter at the wooden-plank acting of Travolta, and his cohorts of brain-washed Scientologists - BigCringeLOL!
- Family Guy: Blue Harvest DVD - it's out at the shops!!! (21/02/2008 - Consider this "obtained" - Griff)
- Seinfeld? Could be fun! :-)