SSH keys for Windows users
From Jon's Wiki
(Redirected from SSH Keys)
Generate Your Key
- Download the latest Putty putty-installer.exe and install Putty.
- Run Puttygen (Start -> Programs -> Putty -> Puttygen) and click Generate.
- Email me the "authorized_keys" text at the top.
- Enter a passphrase, and click Save private key (saves a ppk file).
Load it in WinSCP
- If you haven't already, install WinSCP.
- When connecting, instead of a password, choose the ppk file you generated above.
Even better, use the Putty agent. It will ask you your pass-phrase once when you log into Windows, and pass the key in for you when needed.